Contracting Authority: Danish Refugee Council-DRC
Position Title: Project Officer
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: DRC office in Mitrovicë/a
Danish Refugee Council has implemented emergency and rehabilitation programmes in Kosovo in support of the protection of individuals’ rights to pursue their preferred durable solution since 1998. DRC Kosovo employs approximately 27 staff members working in the areas of multi-sectoral returns, economic development, NGO capacity building, logistics and social rehabilitation. The DRC Kosovo Head-office is based in Pristina with field offices in Mitrovicë/a and Prizren.
DRC is seeking a qualified and highly motivated Project Officer for an economic development project to strengthen social inclusion and economic empowerment of marginalized groups in Mitrovicë/a, Kosovo. The project envisions the establishment of a Social Enterprise within the plastic recycling value chain to improve employment and income-stream opportunities for marginalized and most disadvantaged groups.
Scope of work:
The Project Officer will assist the Project Coordinator in the day-to-day coordination and implementation of the components of the project for which DRC is responsible, in particular: assessments of potential beneficiaries for training and employment opportunities in a Social Enterprise in collection, sale and processing of recyclable materials, setting up a collection scheme for households, businesses and institutions in Mitrovicë/a, and designing environmental campaigns. It is expected that successful applicants will be operating full-time out of the DRC office in Mitrovicë.
Please be advised that the position is subject to funding availability.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Liaise with beneficiaries and project partners on a daily basis to identify needs, make assessments and plan interventions to ensure project sustainability
- Provide the DRC Project Coordinator with regular reports and analytical support to assess impact of project interventions and provide support to project monitoring
- Assist the DRC Project Coordinator in collecting information for narrative and financial reports
- Ensure that all relevant financial documentation is complete and submitted to finance in a timely manner as required by DRC finance policy
- Assist the DRC Project Coordinator and Logistics Officer in procurement of equipment and materials
- Perform ad-hoc administrative tasks: organize meetings, study trips, keep records of beneficiaries
- Translate project information materials (English into Albanian)
- Act as interpreter (Albanian into English) for project meetings, interaction with project beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders
- Assist in preparation of visibility materials and liaise with project partners on matters related to visibility
- Any other duties assigned by DRC in order to meet the objectives of the project
Required qualifications and competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, relevant university degree preferred
- At least two years previous experience in implementing social/economic development and/or SME sector projects in Kosovo
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Albanian; working knowledge of Serbian is an asset
- Driving licence valid in Kosovo (obligatory)
- Computer skills: solid knowledge of MS Office (Power Point, Word and Excel)
- Experience with project implementation of EU-funded projects desirable
- Ability to work independently and to take individual decisions with minimum supervision
- Ability to be a constructive team-player, and to be flexible in regard to tasks and responsibilities
- Capability to prioritize work and to handle pressure from strict deadlines and periodically long hours
- Committed and supportive attitude towards all ethnic groups in Kosovo with the ability to function within a diverse multi-ethnic and multi-cultural working environment
Interested candidates can send their CV including references and a motivation letter (max. 1 A4 page) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to DRC in Pristina: Mark Isaku Street 30, no later than Thursday 15 May 2014, 17:00 hrs.
For more information please email email@example.com or call: 038/243-793 & 038/243-794.
Persons with disability, women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply! Please be informed that only short listed candidates will be contacted.